Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Lock or Freeze???

I just got back from home. Need I elucidate on my state of mind any more???

Glued (once again) onto the 17” before me I browse through the innumerable news channels sprawling the Net…and Voila!!!I’m duly educated on the achievements of a certain Ms. Shetty, on the pre/post nuptials plans of the “Marriage of the year” (Madame Hurley kindly excuse…Bachhan-Rai rock u see!!), on Badshah’s utmost attempt to “copy” the Shahenshah…..on almost everything that actually wouldn’t make a trifling difference in my life!!!

And as someone (I don’t really care who) rightly put it…even the most ignorant person has the right to opine…so here I go!!...after all it’s my blog and I never did claim to be “different”. Did I???

Over the last 2 weeks, whenever I happened to be at home and doing nothing, I’d fix those myopic eyes of mine to the “idiot box”…Now all I could find on TV were “reality shows” (Ah!!What a misnomer)…Roadies4 boasted of a herd of unruly youngsters speaking more beeped words than normal …A cinestars’ hunt contest having more tears than TRPs….and of course Bigg Boss completing the training which Saas-bahu sagas miss out on(of quarrelling tactics of course!!)

So SRK was a welcome change…I did like the guy during my adolescent years…though not his monotony any more…He exudes some charm/charisma whatever you call it. I would have liked his presentation any day…had I like lacs of others not compared him to AB!!! He’s definitely not bad…if not superlative…a bit of over enthusiasm to reach to the masses may be….but definitely can’t be written off…At least 9-10 henceforth would be something I’d look forward to….Now “freeze that”!!

4 comments:

Raghu said...

Looks like you were really vela at home ;)

Anonymous said...

i really like ur blogs.. but this time not so much.. i mean i felt.. there is something lacking this time, may be in the idea itself or may be in ur style, I am sure many may not agree with me, but just read her other blogs to verify what she is really capable of.
-shayri

Phoenix said...

i think this blog post really rocks...u have potrayed and i must add "to perfection"the present day situation of our teleyy serials,whether reality shows or quizz or saa bahu sagas...indeed there is a downward trend..where people focussing on quantity and not quality....srk has been my fav too but i must say..he is just trying desperately to be liked and probably outshine mr bacchan...

Priyanka Sarkar said...

@ raghu: rnt that what home-trips for???;)

@ shayri : shall try to improve ma'am!!:)

@ raka : as always i agree with u to the tee!!!