Monday, March 12, 2007

A beautiful Sunday......

Yesterday was just another warm Sunday in Bangalore for me until I went there…

After a heavy lunch at a dear friend’s place, some 3 of us headed for our much planned trip to Sneha Nilaya. For those who do not know, that’s an absolutely wonderful place that about 65 kids call home…

On my way back from the place, as I walked down the lane, I thought of something that I feel I must share on my blog.

As my roommate puts it – life’s so very unfair….unfair to those kids who do not even know what they are missing….to those senior citizens of the world who have done nothing to be stacked in old-age homes….And yet under the given circumstances, life’s been so kind to them as well….

Sneha Nilaya is one such platform where life’s kindness personifies into a beautiful “home”. Run by Society of Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate, it reminds one of those residential schools you would read in Susan Coolidge novels .That’s how nicely they seem to live. They have absolutely nothing to demand, absolutely nothing to complain of, absolutely nothing to disturb one’s busy schedule. And that’s perhaps what I thought was most peculiar to the place.

On my request they gave me their card and contact details which I thought of putting up on my blog.Thats probably my bit into improving the lives of those lovely kids at Sneha Nilaya. I look forward to visiting there sometime soon.

P.S.: Please find the details here
Sneha Nilaya
No 11, Langford Gardens
Bangalore – 560025
Ph. : 080-22210432
Email: fsibgl@vsnl.net

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey babe, after a lot of previous pestering, i decided to leave u a comment, despite ur not pationately pestering dis time around! so here it is - COMMENT!!

LOL!!

Deepti said...

I agree Sarkar, I had mixed emotions too...I felt really sad that these small children would go through life without ever knowing what they're missing. At the same time, its good that they're looked after well and are happy. Well, I suppose we can do our little bit once in a while. Lets go again!

Priyanka Sarkar said...

@supratik:
shall i say im honoured;)???

@deepti
absolutely...th problem is if we keep on saying we feel sad...we ll jus land up avoiding the situation...n not doing our meagre bit....so lets go sometime soon again!!:)