Friday, August 31, 2007

An ode to the Potter fan in me......

I know I have been shamefully laid-back about blogging over the last few days…..but that’s because there’s been a lot of new things happening in my life….

Awrite…I do not plan to bore you busy bloggers with tales of a 24 year old’s life. But as usual, I’d like to share my thoughts….

I’m reading (actually I’m going to complete it today, I know , that’s slow….) Harry Potter (7)…..And the avid Potter fan that I am, I keep pondering over it for quite sometime during the day…..

At the risk of being a spoiler (I assume most, interested to read, have already read it), I think I expected a lot more from this book than what it gave me. There were answers to all questions alright. But the unpredictability was somehow lost. Blame it on the (unnecessary, I daresay) hype surrounding its release or my over-estimation, I confess that this book has not lived up to my excitement.

I have always vehemently opposed Potter cynics when they said it was just another over-hyped story book. I stick by that even today. Its not!!! It is undoubtedly a well framed creation by a lady who knows exactly how to touch the chord of one and all…..But there’s absolutely no denying that Madame Rowling has tried to mix elements from (fairy) tales all over the world….and has been somewhat successful in that ,may I add….I feel, however, the essence and innocence of the initial few books has been progressively diminishing….

I am enjoying every bit of the book…..but somewhere deep down it has failed to satiate what I was looking forward to….I know that’s absolutely abstract….but that’s how it is….

For the heck of being with “the boy who lived” till the very end (I doubt that very much though)….go get yourself a copy!!!

16 comments:

KAYLEE said...

great post love those books:)

Tys on Ice said...

I have got a small doubt regarding something : When neville pulls out the sword from the hat to cut off the snakes head. How did the sword get there? The last we heard of that sword was in the bank when the troll ran away with it...hmmm..

this is a flaw in the story...can anybody elaborate...wanted to write to RK and ask her but cudnt find how to send her a mail..

deepsat said...

i just finished reading it too. I felt it was a drag in many places! especially when they were on the run. and the climax stretched on for two chapters.. which was a bit too much!!!

but i guess it wrapped up pretty good with all the answers!!!

Keshi said...

all u guys r Potter maniacs ha..LOL!

Keshi.

Impressionist said...

even my sister loves harry potter!
I soo hate it! lol!

peace & love
Jeevy

Anonymous said...

gimme a copy....gimme too...

so finally ur back? or r u stil away from home?

Priyanka Sarkar said...

hey ppl....im away from home yes...but thts just for a month...shall b home soon now:)

and "tys on ice": yeah thts probably left to our imagination...but i assumed snape wud hv got it (doe patronus may b)and kept it under the hat....am i thinking a bit too wild??:p

Anonymous said...

Haven't raed Harry Potter till now. Don't know why...
It is though on the wish list.

Indrajit said...

hello ! I wd love to read all the 7 books , but tht's a bit lengthy excursion for me, I guess. :)
ANd ya, the 1st wd always be the best, the significant one and the one tht wd touch the untouched chords of ours. so much so tht, the sequels , however hyped and good they be, can't just drive past the 1st one.
:)

amna said...

phew! thank god u posted finally
!

Priyanka Sarkar said...

@kulpreet: glad its thr on ur wish list..

@indr: so true... i totally agree.

@nags: :D

Still Searching said...

Sigh! I guess its time I got myself the latest Potter book, instead of being left out of all the discussions!

Anonymous said...

I am also an huge HP fan. I loved reading all his books...Nice post!

Blessen said...

oye! and i thought i was someone who hated posting regularly!!! hehee!! waiting for more mate!!!

Pijush said...

HP is a great creation, but there are some more creations which deserves same publicity. I am a Sanku and Feluda fan, bit of Kakababu and ofcourse Bomkesh.

Phoenix said...

hmm true but id be very disappointed if the ending wasnt so..its essentially a kids book so i really hoped that harry would survive because everywhere people are despairing..so much negativity all around..end of voldemort and triumph of harry is something that taught us the morals the kids today need to know and nothing better than through a book they so love and it instills us with hope that earthly emotions reigns above negativity of any kind....