Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Utopia

A colleague of mine introduced me to these lines…thought I’d share it with my blog:

“Imagine there’s no country, it isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for and no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us and the world will be as one”
Imagine - JOHN LENNON


I felt these lines were lovely- utopian but beautiful! Only a dreamer could say this – someone who loves life and the world!

Wouldn’t this be great? – to be in a world that has no barriers – no military, no war , no politics and no killing…….Wouldn’t it be lovely to believe in one force that protects us and not in numerous religions?

Thankfully, I have been born in a family where I was taught to believe in goodness of a religion rather than the orthodoxy of it…but how do you blame those who weren’t? How do you blame people who think wars are a way of protesting for all the bad that ever happened to anyone? They were brought up that way….not their fault…but the world suffers for them….

We, humans, can’t fight destiny – we can’t resist natural disasters or poverty or death …..But there are some things we can …..we can dissolve class barriers , we can forgive people who mistakenly caused harm to us , we can trust people who live around us, , we can smile at the hungry child who lives by the road , we can spread love to people who need it the most….these are things in our hand…..things that will make this world a better place to live in…..a world which will be “One”……..someday………

11 comments:

deepsat said...

Ah! Lennon's Imagine is a brilliant song indeed!!

humans can never coexist with anyone or anything!! thats the irony of being a human being!!

Priyanka Sarkar said...

i agree...

Trinaa said...

aaaahhh..utopia!! lovely lyrics n an even lovelier post! :))

Mona said...

Over the centuries, religion has proved to be more divisive than one advocating brotherhood as they claim to!

Its best that the spiritual aspect of the religion is assimilated rather than the ritualistic part.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mona, and always she says it so beautifully. I love John Lennon's song now as much as i did when he first released it....Queenie x

Devika Jyothi said...

Hi Priyanka!
Its nice to know that my younger ones (i assume so, i turned 40 this March) cherish so positive thoughts..i call them thoughts because they are achievable a small step by each of us -- one at a time...

I wish share a post of mine at a blof of mine...where you may find a omment by Kat..and much discussion there...perhaps that would inspire you towards action...
i am already doing in my small way...and such small actions can help in making the world a better place i feel...

http://devika-theunheardvoice.blogspot.com/2008/10/onlooker-turns-to.html

thank you for visiting my blog..and the ccomment, and blogrolling me...shall keep visiting here :-)

wishes!
devika

Indrajit said...

Hey! coming to ur blog aftr a yr almost.
REad this one....

:)

MuseSwings said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! Yours is very thought provoking! Forgiveness, trust and love will, as you said, make this a better world! Good reminder!

Priyanka Sarkar said...

Trinaa: thanks:)

Mona: So very true..

Queenie: :)

Devika: You're right about the age bit..Im 25:)
Pleasure's all mine blogroling you!:)

Indrajit: Thanks for dropping by again!I hope to be more regular now at least!

museswings: Thanks a ton!and I looooved ur blog..if I may add!

Anonymous said...

Heal The World
Make It A Better Place
For You And For Me
And The Entire Human Race
There Are People Dying
If You Care Enough
For The Living
Make A Better Place
For You And For Me

- MJ ..I could not come up with nethin better than this :-)

Anonymous said...

Music is my religion and it unites :)