Friday, July 07, 2006

Bon - appetit:)

Till yesterday the word "Mast Kalandar" meant no more than a hummable piece of music....and today I am smitten by it. .. Its one of those new eating joints that have been sprouting out everywhere around 80ft. road,Koramangala(Bangalore but of course).

Last evening was a rare one where my friends and I agreed to go in for a pure vegetarian dinner...and I do admit of not being particularly happy with the decision...at least initially.But I was pleasantly proved wrong.As I found out later Kalandar means "happy person" in Persian.True to its name ,the pure Rajasthani/Punjabi menu sure leaves each eater there "happy".

We gorged ourselves with parathas,dal makhani(ow my Gawd!!!that was one awesome thing..!!!),raita etc etc....gosh I'm already salivating!!Firstly, it's wonderful to see that the paranthas are wheat, thank heavens, not maida. The only things orange and yellow,as they claim here, are their interiors.

One look at the food served at Mast Kalandar and you know its been cooked with a lot of care to appease the taste buds as well as health-conscious minds(at last I can have parathas and not feel guilty !!;))I always thought healthy and tasty food are kind of antonymous - but definitely not any more.

My friends sure are blessing me for having suggested the place...And I publicly apologise to the soul whose suggestion to eat there I had so scornfully rejected!!I'm actually contemplating on going green:).

Bon - appetit Bangalore!

4 comments:

Raghu said...

Iam the "soul whose suggestion to eat there She had so scornfully rejected"

I will only forgive her(notwithstanding the public apology) when we dine together, at that wonderful place again ;)

Varun said...

mouth-watering!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is when I am in Bangalore this December( which I so hope to be!), you are taking me there!

- Ck

Anonymous said...

Hey u can treat me there for lunch sometime this week :-) sandhya