Thursday, July 23, 2009

Life's like that!

A friend suggested that I post something about hard-yearned monsoons on my blog.That kinda made me realise the truth in this axiom I had heard long back ( I might not be accurate when I quote it)

"Thank God there's "the" weather...otherwise at least 70% people in the world would not have anything to talk about"

Very true - I'd say! How many times have you met a stranger and not known how to start a conversation or met a long lost friend only to realise weather's the only common topic apt for the moment? I am usually a comfortable conversationalist - with people I rarely know and people who're close to me alike.But then I wouldn't deny the wonders "weather" has done for starters!

Now that I have "started" the post with this weather talk - let me pen down my current chain of thoughts! I have been wondering on futility of showbiz , on age and on women's obsession with shopping! Reasons? Well,here goes.....

I am still not out of the shock of MJ's demise - with so many rumours about his life and death.....I still hope that someday he moonwalks before the public eyeto reveal a publicity "stunt"! I know I'm being a fool - but who cares!What is the use of being so famous , the greatest showman and yet have such a meaningless and hollow existence?

I was out with family last weekend and met quite a few people after several years! I was amazed at how they have changed - lookwise ! Realised that age doesn't spare anyone - no wonder everyone yearns for the "Philosopher's stone".

Shopping!!!! Any number of exclamation marks would fall short of how amazed I am.I confess I am unlike most women in this respect.I hate the rush and the claustrophobia of shopping.My friend pulled me to this "Sale" yesterday and I tell you - I have never been so irritated. Trial rooms were available...well..at a comfortable waiting time of half hour!How much do people buy and in such poor times!
Oh and remarkable observation here - the men's trial rooms were empty as ever! Hence proved!

Well that's all for tonite. I should hopefully be back with more ideas and their fertile manifestations sooner than I got back this time :)

Till then - ADIOS!

4 comments:

Soumik said...

Agreed, weather is a conversation starter. It is more so to find out if the weather is agreeable to one's constitution or not. For eg. Did u enjoy dancing in the rain? :D

Indrajit said...

Hmm, rightly written. Good post as usual :)

btw blog updated.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Smi said...

What? You don't like shopping?!! How, just how is that humanly possible? Retail therapy wasn't a term coined for nothing, was it?!
Anyway, your observation about the "weather" being the ice breaker is so darn right, what would we do without it huh?:)