Monday, April 16, 2007

For a better world.......

Ignorant as one would call me, I have no qualms in admitting that I was unaware of the monstrous predominance of “Domestic violence”. I mean I did know it exists and that several women are subjected to it on a daily basis……But I had absolutely no clue as to how common it could be.

“Provoked” is like any other well-made movie with good performances (I confess I liked Ms Rai for the first time ever) and commendable direction. But what’s more striking is that it compels you to carry the issue along.What makes it even more touching is the fact that its based on the real-life story of the landmark case called "Regina Vs. Ahluwalia" - a case which re-defined the term "Provocation"!!!

Probably as a twenty-something I have a lot of apprehensions about life…And issues like domestic violence only adds to what I would call more of “dread” than apprehension!!!We are educated alright…..but can we really claim to be emancipated??

It’s been pretty frequent that I visited the theatre…but I’m glad I watched some real good cinema. I hope the future of the world’s as good as in the movie(I would call the ending positive if not happy)….Amen!!

9 comments:

Impressionist said...

I heard that its a really good muvee.
waitin to watch :(

nice post.

peace & love
JeeVY

Priyanka Sarkar said...

@rajeev: yeah its quite a watch!!!
thnks again:)

Phoenix said...

wow now im going to watch it..was waiting 4 a positive feedback!thankx

Priyanka Sarkar said...

@phoenix(new name eh!!:))
pleasure s all mine..let me knw fi u liked it!!:)

Anonymous said...

As “Domestic Violence” are acquiring disturbing dimensions, I just wonder does the law provide relief to the women /child suffering from domestic violence???
If not then what should be done to stop such cruelty??? What do you think as an author of such a socially sound article? I am agreeing with you that we cannot claim to be “emancipated” unless all individuals are ensured a life without fear. I think law & order can not do much here, what we need is to change the mind set…
About “Provoked” ..I have not seen the movie yet … I am going to watch it real soon …
Really well written …as u do always..

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Priyanka Sarkar said...

@anon1:
Let me thank u for putting me on cloud nine:)
my meagre knowledge of legal system tells me Law does "aim" to protect victims of domestic violence....but as u said it s all in our minds....as long as tht s not taken care of,we cant really get over any social nuisance!!!

Sahil Jain said...

I think our tastes dont match!! coz this will be another movie that I did not liek much. I mean sure its a sensitive topic and its a well made film, but its just average, ordinary, nothing new..

Amandeep Singh said...

SOunds like a great movie man..would go an watch...
:)