Friday, May 25, 2007

The fan.......

Typically I should call this post to be “inspired” by this particular write-up I read. These days I have been reading “Chicken Soup for Working Women”(Awrite there…..Don’t laugh at me)…Nice inspirational stories-yes…..But I read them for the real life ones which are everyday stories like those Readers’ digest stuff I usually like.

So there was this article about a working mother, also a single parent to a two year old. She talked about how she would strive hard to stuff the kid with toys / objects that could keep him busy and her free for other chores….till one day when she told him to watch the ceiling fan whilst she did other work… And then he pulled her to watch the fan so as to provide her with respite from those humdrum stuff…..

I could completely relate to this bit. Very often we tend to get so occupied in our daily lives that we forget to live in the present….I do not remember watching a starlit sky in years now…or observing a butterfly sitting on the wall before me…..or smelling the first rain….Though I love them all….Then what am I aiming for, in life???

Blame all these so-to-say boring posts on those philosophical pangs that occasionally trouble me nowadays. But I have reserved this blog to express my state of mind…I have to push off now. I was allowed only these ten minutes of spare time to spend on my thoughtful stances. Enough for the day. I guess?!! :)

But really…..I would love to watch the ceiling fan rotate one day….minus thoughts of the past failures or future endeavors…of meetings I goofed up….of appointments that await me….I would love to live in the present moment…one day!!!!!

22 comments:

amna said...

thanks a ton for your comment. Loved this post. You def are blogrolled :)

Anonymous said...

hey its really feels great to stare into the fan or sky or nthing at all, with nothing on your mind!!
hpe u get to do teh same asap!!

Priyanka Sarkar said...

@n:
favour returned:)

@sam:
i hope so too!!:(

Little Miss Muffet said...

i agree...there are times when i come across somehting beautiful, a beach with waves rolling on the sand, or just a starlit sky..i could gaze at it for however long and feel so peaceful and content..once in a while, we all need to lie down and look at the sky :)

Cin said...

You have captured beautifully what many hearts long for, that little bit of time to become one with life again. Strangely, I just finished posting to my own blog and mentioned that I am about to go out and look at the stars. Small world, it is.Take the time to do one small thing you love every day, and thank you for sharing with us all :)

Anonymous said...

u seem to be absolutely bored. Get some new friends i guess. Or i guess try to meditate. It always helps.Always try to find some time off from friends to look into your own heart..U are very good at writing. maybe try to learn new things...
Above all forgive me if iam wrong...:-)

......One who cares R

Anonymous said...

hey priyanka u seem to be a very philosophical person. At some points of time we are all. that is actually good ....specially helps people when they are heartbroken. Try to forgive people who u feel might have caused u trouble.Reestablish ur friendship with those people. It always helps bring back happiness in ones life

.....
with care
:-) ;-) :-( :-0
a very simple philosophy

Anonymous said...

u can't even see the stars properly in a city . Count the number of whatever few stars u can see.... ;-)
Or try to take leave from work for a few days, walk in a beautiful park (alone), sit and let ur mind go free to amaze at the beautiful creation of mother nature.Meditate ( as the guy above mentioned)and think about all the good things that has happened to u .U will feel gr8

God bless u :-)

Sharad Mathur said...

live for the present as past is gone and future is unpredictable.. :)
well as far as the stars are concerned, i would like to count em one day too.. LOLS..

nice post!
sharad

Harmony said...

wow thats a nice one..good day Priyanka ..think you are enjyng Rains too

Phoenix said...

hey....its wonderfull.....you know what i love reading chicken soup as well....its not a matter of same...tw loved your trail of thought......

Keshi said...

**Very often we tend to get so occupied in our daily lives that we forget to live in the present

I agree. We r either too busy living in the past or planning for the future. In that process we forget to live in the moment.


Keshi.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Priyanka,

Did you say ``boring posts''? I don't think so.

We all want the time to sit and look at ceiling fans.

Cheers

David

Priyanka Sarkar said...

@little:
very true!!!

@cin:
my pleasure...saw ur post too!!:)

@sharad:
hehe

@pankaj:
absoultely!!

@phoenix:
so glad im not the only one reading Chicken soup!!:D

@keshi:
hmmm:)

@david:
thnks again!!so sweet of u....
i feel better when so many agree with my crazy thoughts....:D

Anonymous said...

we have all done that...staring at fan...n finding urself in endless starry sky..gr8 post..loved it

KAYLEE said...

Great post I loved it.Thanks for stopping by my blog too:-)

Saadia said...

Watching ceiling fans can be VERY relaxing. I try to do it regularly! :)

Life Rocks!!! said...

loved this post...but you know what..i've tried this often..but watching the ceiling fan usually brings tears to my eyes..i might not be thinking of anything but still sad

Priyanka Sarkar said...

@dream-cathcer/kaylee/girly_girl:
:)

@life rocks!!:
why so??

accidental diva said...

Loved the post...would like nothing better than to watch the ceiling fan rotate too, but then I never seem to get the time!!
now that I've read ur post, think I will try for atleast 10 mins today:):)

Thanx for visiting my blog:)liked ur style of writing a lot:)will comeback for more.

Sneha P said...

Ceiling fan??
Symbolic stuff...
I like the analogy...
and ya..its really important that we stop and amell the roses from time to time..
as wordsworth said:
"What is this life if full of care,
There is no time to stand and stare"
Ur good
Ur Blogrolled..:):)

Pijush said...

Excellent post Priyanka, I liked it, and feel the same that slowly we are becoming a machine. The work-life balance is the most important thing. Who can do, is the winner. Thats why I started blogging.
Thanks for visiting my blog, keep coming.