Thursday, May 10, 2007

“For I know the plans I have for you”

Of late I have been visiting quite a few blogs…And as I discover the thoughts of fellow beings, I can’t really help thanking God for what I have!!!

True, life hasn’t been a bed of roses so far…There have been moments of pique and failures…..There have been bouts of monotony….and pangs of untoward thoughts. There have been times I’ve complained of so many things that I almost sounded like Calvin (of C&H fame of course)….

And yet when I came across this article about Nick Vujicic, I realized how kind life’s been. I remember this poem I read as a child (and I’m sure many of you readers might just have glanced over it). It was a child’s confession as to how she complained of her ugly feet or eyes till she saw a lame or blind person…I remember the poem had got me thinking with that tiny little brain of mine even then….Nick Vujicic reminded me of the same poem all over again…..May his kind continue to motivate us earthlings……He sure is an exemplary creation of God!!!!This was a quote on his website(do take time out to check out the link):

Jeremiah 29:11 – “For I know the plans I have for you”, declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”


Kudos to all those who dare to dream ….to those who achieve them and all those who don’t!!!!

20 comments:

Impressionist said...

BRAVO!!
Lovely post priyanka.
I didn't know bout this guy until I read a post bout him in one other blog http://meemallumumbaikar.blogspot.com/2007/01/limbless-to-limitless.html
We shud definitely be happy to be the way we are now!!
keep writin

peace & love
JeeVY

Sharad Mathur said...

awesome!!
dunt have words to define that.

sharad

Impressionist said...

btw Its infinite dreams i see that u have taken the first word frm my blog name and the second word frm my blog link name and written it as infinite eternity :D

peace & love
JeeVY

Unknown said...

Good post u write really well and have deep thoughts attached to it and thanx for ur comments

Quietus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
david santos said...

it`s very true you have written.
Very good work, thank you

Priyanka Sarkar said...

@rajeev:
thnks :D...
i feel happiness is just a manifestation of how we want to feel!!!don't u think so???
and abt "infinite eternity"...tht was my brainchild..to sum up everythng i feel abt ur blog!!:D

@sharad:
thanks a ton!!!:)

@protegeoflife:
thnks for urs too:)

@shruti:
very true!!
n thnks for ur comment!!

@david santos:
glad u liked it!!!:)
keep visiting this space.

Pritika Gupta said...

dare to dream ..dare to fly..no road is too long..no sky is too high...

Keshi said...

true...most of us have it better than alot of others out there.

Dreams shall keep me alive...

Keshi.

prajyot said...

well....it symbolizes INNOVATION...what we call as DIRADRISTI...power to see/plan beyond illution....ur article is just superb......

Sharad Mathur said...

btw, i blogrolled u..
hope u dunt mind :)

Priyanka Sarkar said...

@pritika:
ditto:)

@keshi:
same here!!

@prajyot:
the compliment makes me fly high!!!lol

@sharad:
im flattered!!:p

devips said...

Nice one, Priyanka! Count our blessings, that's what we need to do. Keep on!

Priyanka Sarkar said...

@deviprasad:
very true kaku!!
thnks for dropping by...

AlterinG Abhishek said...

HEllo!!
interesting (viewpoints on your) blog!

and this is quite a fact!
it is so important to count ur blessings!

and life really always makes sense in retro(spect)!!

tc
abhishek

stopkidding said...

you are one damn fine writer. Another bengali up for the booker prize?

Anonymous said...

I am agree with you that we should be thankful for all the wonderful things we have in our life and to always seek the hidden advantage in the events that surround us, instead of crying for what we don’t have. God has made us different and blessed us with different qualities… like some one is brilliant as an actor, someone is unbeatable in sports.. there is a greatest musician and scientist…etc etc… and like you are brilliant as a writer and I am happy as a reader…. So we should respect each other, and then only we as the greatest creation of God will be successful!!! …
I know you are always good in writing…
What’s there in Name!!!

Priyanka Sarkar said...

@abhishek :
absoultely!!:D

@stopkidding:
aha!!!look who s here!!:D
thnks for dropping by!!

@anon:
thnks

Radha said...

wow, such a touching story! like u said, it makes you realise how lucky you are!

sweetheart said...

well said! u r rite..hmm but at times wen wehave probs n difficulties we tend to be tender and more sensitive to our own needs irrespective of whether its big or small imp or not..
nice post priyanka:)